[X2Go-User] X2Go client - multiple sessions?

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Mar 22 18:49:45 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 13:12 -0400, scain at exgenesis.com wrote:

> On March 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM "John A. Sullivan III"
> <jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 11:11 -0400, scain at exgenesis.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Is this a known limitation of the x2go client?  Is there some
> trick to
> > > getting multiple sessions working correctly?
> > >
> > <snip>
> > Just to make sure I understand, I assume you are running multiple
> client
> > instances on the same physical desktop but are your trying to
> connect
> > those multiple clients to the same X2Go server (different users) or
> > different X2Go servers? Thanks - John
> >

> Sorry for being unclear.  I am running multiple client instances on
> the same physical desktop but they are each connecting to a different
> remote host.  However, the user name is the same for each host if that
> is at all relevant.
<snip>
Ok - I do wish X2Go handled that a little more elegantly.  It may be on
a to do list somewhere.  In the meantime, the work around is to manually
edit /usr/bin/x2gostartagent (and remember to edit it after every
upgrade - it would be a little better if this was a configurable option)
and change a couple of parameters:

#X2GO_PORT=49 #First port for X2GO=50
#SSH_PORT=30000 #First ssh port 30001
X2GO_PORT=59
SSH_PORT=30020

In other words, set the different X2Go servers to start on different SSH
ports.  I do not recall if different X2Go ports are necessary.  Does
that help? Good luck - John