[X2Go-User] can't connect to session

Andrew Munn andrew at nmedia.net
Tue Jan 16 17:38:16 CET 2018

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018, Stefan Baur wrote:
> Am 16.01.2018 um 02:32 schrieb Andrew Munn:
> > I can delete the session files and then create a new one.  Or I can click
> > "new" instead of double-clicking on the session.  Clicking "new" will
> > create an additional session and when I disconnect/reconnect I now see 2
> > sessions.  One is status "running" and one is "suspended".  The running
> > one is the old one which I can still not connect to.
>
> Just stating the obvious, I guess, but to be able to resume a running
> session, you have to suspend it first - either from within, or by
> clicking the "Suspend" button in that menu where the session is
> presented to you as running (The top one of the three buttons on the
> right, saying Suspend, Terminate, New).

Double clicking on the line is the same a clicking "resume", correct?  If
a session is in the suspended state I can resume it.  I currently have a
session in the running state.  I can click suspend and it changes to
"suspended".  At that point I can click Resume because the button becomes
enabled.  Nothing happens when I click Resume. This is the same behavior
as double-clicking on the session.  When things are working correctly
double-clicking the session opens it howevever when in this non-working
state clicking does nothing.

I don't know if the session data is screwed up on the server or what.
Maybe I need to enable verbose logging and wait for this situation to
recur?  This happens about once a month or less.