[X2Go-User] Packer script and public x2go AMI

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Tue Oct 28 20:03:39 CET 2014

Greetings.

I recently wrote a tutorial on x2go and have been playing with it some
more.  I've also started implementing my tutorials as packer scripts.
Packer.io is a pretty cool tool that builds various virtual images
(amis, vbox, vmware, GCE etc).  It allows provisioning via
scripts/chef/puppet etc.

Anyway, my scripts to create an X2Go server are here:
https://github.com/wikidsystems/packer_templates/tree/master/x2go.

The AMI is public. It is ami-c854d7a0.  Pam-radius is not configured
out of the box, you need to do some editing in /etc/pam.d/ssh and
/etc/raddb/server for it to work.  But with the ami,  you can 1. log
in as root 2. add a user and have them log in with the x2go client.
So, an easy way to play with x2go.

Enjoy,

nick

--