[X2Go-User] x2go & firefox, overload + lockups

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Mon Jan 6 20:51:53 CET 2014

Am 06.01.2014 20:31, schrieb Carl:
>> Also, you could try to run an un-accellerated session, with SSH and
>> plain X forwarding through SSH. Note that this will be slower than X2Go
>> from the very beginning, even without Firefox acting up.
>> If you can reproduce the issue with un-accellerated X, it's clearly a
>> Firefox bug, IMHO.
>
> Good test, thanks. I've done this now, and the results are a little
> confusing. With network speed set to lan and image compression disabled,
> it is definitely better, although video suffers.

Uh, using x2goclient with "lan/no image compression" isn't the same as
running ssh -X and forwarding the display. While your results surely are
interesting and increase the suspicion that Firefox is the real culprit
here, there's still a faint chance that x2go is doing something it
shouldn't do. So just to be sure, run ssh -X, execute Firefox from the
shell (again, this will most likely be noticeably slower than through
X2Go), and see what happens.

-Stefan