[X2Go-User] Pulseaudio doesn't start on Win7

George Trakatelis trakatelis at uom.edu.gr
Sat Dec 20 01:57:14 CET 2014

Hi Michael,

With regard to Ralf's workaround to PulseAudio's failure to start
when there is no audio recording device enabled

http://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/2014-December/002689.html

I'd like to share my findings.

First of all, the problem seems to be more widespread than anticipated.
In fact, it affects all modern motherboards with onboard sound
(be it from Realtek or Intel) that support jack detection
and distinguish whether or not an actual device is plugged in.

Secondly, being such a problem as described above,
one can easily overcome it in two ways:
a. plug a mic in the microphone jack or
b. enable a dummy audio recording device as Philip did

http://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/2013-August/001570.html

> OK. I'll send a separate email out to x2go-dev to decide how we will
> implement disabling the microphone.
>
> -Mike#2

Disabling microphone input in X2Go Client for Windows is a move
in the right direction and I'm sure developers will address the issue
properly,
but -in the meantime- users can achieve the same result
with less effort compared to Ralf's solution.

George