[X2Go-User] x2goplugin on windows

Klaus Fuerstberger kfuerstberger at arcor.de
Fri Aug 22 11:01:45 CEST 2014

Hello,

I compiled the npx2goplugin.dll plugin and put it in the plugins
directory of a firefox portable or chrome portable on Windows 7 or
Windows XP.

In the list of installed plugins the plugin is listed and activated in
both browsers but when I call the webserver address of the x2go Site,
Chrome says the plugin cannot be loaded and Firefox stays at a white
window. The server side is working fine because a linux client with a
precompiled x2goclient-plugin can connect without any problems.

I installed the prerequisites as listed in
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:build-howto-mswin:x2goclient
to compile the plugin.

- Fetched the latest git version 4.0.3.0
- Adapted x2goclient\x2goclient.rc because of an compile error
- Adapted
x2goclient\qtbrowserplugin-2.4_1-opensource\src\qtbrowserplugin_p.h
because of an compile error
- run config_win_plugin.bat and build_win_plugin.bat

The plugin npx2goplugin.dll is created with a size of 12752 KB.

When I try to run this plugin on the same host where the build
environment is installed, the plugin is loaded with an error "X-Server
cannot be started", but I think this is a configuration error but at
least it gets loaded. Does this mean, that some (Qt?) libraries are
missing for running the plugin on hosts with no Qt build environment?
Did I miss something?

Has anyone successful compiled and is using the x2goplugin for windows?

Thanks for your help!

Klaus