[X2Go-User] pyhoca-cli sound issues [SOLVED]

Tim Kruse tim.kruse at kikxxl.de
Mon Oct 21 17:33:24 CEST 2013

Am 21.10.2013 13:06, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On  Mi 16 Okt 2013 13:23:19 CEST, Tim Kruse wrote:
>
>> pacmd load-module module-native-protocol-tcp listen=0.0.0.0
>
> For X2Go, it is sufficient to make pulseaudio listen on 127.0.0.1. The
> internal (tunneled) communication in X2Go is forced to IPv4, so no need
> to listen on [::1], the IPv4 localhost address should be just fine.

For IPv6 that's absolutely right. For IPv4 it depends on your setup. We
don't tunnel audio through SSH, so localhost is not enough. I could use
the LAN IP address of the client in the listen directive and be fine, I
think ...

(So, why don't tunnel audio through SSH, you may ask. IPVS as our
loadbalancing solution has one problem with this scenario. If i
understood it correctly, with tunneled audio you have at least two SSH
Streams, ipvsadm want's to forward to two different x2goservers. As we
have no need to tunnel, we deactevated the tunneling option and i didn't
dig to the problem deeper)

Greetz,

Tim