[X2Go-User] pyhoca-cli sound issues [SOLVED]

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Oct 21 22:27:05 CEST 2013

Hi Tim,

On  Mo 21 Okt 2013 17:33:24 CEST, Tim Kruse wrote:

> Am 21.10.2013 13:06, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> On  Mi 16 Okt 2013 13:23:19 CEST, Tim Kruse wrote:
>>
>>> pacmd load-module module-native-protocol-tcp listen=0.0.0.0
>>
>> For X2Go, it is sufficient to make pulseaudio listen on 127.0.0.1. The
>> internal (tunneled) communication in X2Go is forced to IPv4, so no need
>> to listen on [::1], the IPv4 localhost address should be just fine.
>
> For IPv6 that's absolutely right. For IPv4 it depends on your setup.
> We don't tunnel audio through SSH, so localhost is not enough. I
> could use the LAN IP address of the client in the listen directive
> and be fine, I think ...
>
> (So, why don't tunnel audio through SSH, you may ask. IPVS as our
> loadbalancing solution has one problem with this scenario. If i
> understood it correctly, with tunneled audio you have at least two
> SSH Streams, ipvsadm want's to forward to two different x2goservers.
> As we have no need to tunnel, we deactevated the tunneling option
> and i didn't dig to the problem deeper)

If you use pyhoca-cli (python-x2go) then your audio stream is always
tunneled. Python X2Go ignores the soundtunnel={true,false} switch. It
always tunnels audio stream through the main SSH connection. Actually,
a load-balancer should not be able to notice the audio stream inside
the main SSH connection. The audio stream is pushed through a reverse
port forwarding SSH tunnel.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31