[X2Go-User] Windows compiling pyhoca-gui - gevent issue

Michael Gale gale.michael at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 21:08:07 CET 2013

Hello,

    I setup a Windows 7 32bit machine in order to compile Pyhoca-gui for
windows.

I have everything working thanks to:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:build-howto-mswin:pyhoca-gui

However I did run into an issue with gevent. Originally I was using the
gevent binary release 0.13.8.

However build_exe was failing, bbfreeze was calling multiplath and trying
to import gevent.ares and failing. Sorry, I can't get the stack trace to
copy/paste.

>From what I can tell the ares module was optional, so it may not be in the
binary release. Is that correct??

I got a binary release of 1.0b4 and installed it and now it is working. I
did a basic sanity test only:
- built and exe using build_exe
- ran pyhoca-gui in dev mode and started and terminated a session.

What I would like to know is what version of gevent was pyhoca-gui compiled
with?
How can I fix the binary gevent 0.13.8 release? Not sure I want to be
running beta releases of gevent.

Thanks
Michael