[X2Go-User] Fwd: Flash Problems

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Mar 26 13:42:08 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 09:51 -0400, senrabdet at aol.com wrote:
> Hi All:
>

> A quick follow up - we built out a 32 bit instance of Ubuntu Server
> 10.4 and re-tested
> - on a LAN, the video is pretty good
> - on a remote server (over the Internet), the results were like our
> 64bit experience....the video stalls and refreshes so slowly it is
> pretty unusable.
>

> We thought the remote video worked well some time ago, though perhaps
> are wrong(?).  Are there settings in x2go we should try, possibly on
> the compression method?  Or any other thoughts?

<snip>
Our experience with NX for WAN video have been far less than
satisfactory.  We are eagerly waiting for SPICE to mature and hope it
can be integrated as an alternative to NX into X2Go although I do see
that SPICE development is leading toward implementing all the other
features of X2Go as well such as sound, file sharing, and printing
redirection - John