[X2Go-User] Help with shared folder with postgres backend

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Mar 9 12:42:40 CET 2012

Hi Helmer,

On Fr 09 Mär 2012 12:28:15 CET Helmer Teles wrote:

> Hello, ML
> Hello Michael.
>

> I,ve been strugling with a problem with shared folders under x2go.
>
> When there's a problem with a shared folder not unmounting with the postgres
> backend you can not mount the share anymore.
>
> Steps to reproduce.
>
> Logon to a x2goserver with a shared folderon the client, next go to that
> shared folder ( cd ~/media/disk ) and while you are at that folder
> at the unix
> server logout from the x2go session.
>
> After you logout from x2go the process to ummount will fail because the
> resource is mounted. After that you can not mount the share anymore because
> the mountpoint is not removed from the x2go_session mounts table.

I can confirm this with a setup at a customer. I was astonished by
those unmount failures, as I never encountered them with SQLite DB
backend.

Thanks for hinting on the DB being the cause for this problem.

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B