[X2Go-i18n] Finnish .ts files

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu Jun 21 00:11:34 CEST 2018

* On 06/20/2018 11:30 AM, martti pitkanen wrote:
> I assume %n is a placeholder of "1", "300" ?
> Plural forms are in  Finnish so irregular, that it is less confusing to let it
> be like above,
> ie. singular and all plurals in same form, as numerals.

Yep, %n will be replaced with a number at run time. Might be 1, might be 0,
might be 300, might be 1068, might be anything else the user provided. Naturally
the number will not be translated but left as a numeral.

According to
https://www.unicode.org/cldr/charts/33/supplemental/language_plural_rules.html#fi
Finnish has two forms: a singular form when the count is exactly one and a
plural form when the count is zero or higher than one.

As far as I can tell, it's "1 yritä" (1 try) but "300 yritää" (300 tries) -
notwithstanding conjugation, of which I honestly have no idea. "yrityksen" seems
to be conjugated, but I have no idea if it's plural or singular and what the
other (i.e., opposite) form would be.

Mihai