[X2Go-Dev] Host X server DISPLAY is not set

SARL Mezzònomy mezzonomy at orange.fr
Fri Jun 20 10:01:36 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm currently working on distant application server based on X2GO. On the demonstration computer, the X2GO client (PyQt) works perfectly. So I use this situation to make converge my other system built on the python API. The python API performs correctly the negociation with the server, but whe it comes to nxproxy, this one crashes.

A first problem comes from cygwin porting of nxproxy, but it was not suficient to fix it (see PS). nxproxy writes now in the 'session' file the following message: "Host X server DISPLAY is not set". This seem to be linked with the launching of the VcXsrv utility embedded in the X2GO client distribution, which is launched at the client start. But how do I start it without a blank window, and how do I link it with nxproxy ?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre

PS: necessity to rewrite paths in the cygwin syntax, as nxproxy was ported to windows using this technology.

self.PROXY_MODE = '-S'
if _X2GOCLIENT_OS == "Windows":
sys.CYG_HOME=os.path.dirname(self.session_info.local_container).replace('\\','/')
sys.CYG_HOME="/cygdrive/"+sys.CYG_HOME[0]+sys.CYG_HOME[2:]
self.PROXY_OPTIONS = [
"nx/nx" ,
"root=%s"%sys.CYG_HOME,

...]
if _X2GOCLIENT_OS == "Windows":
self.PROXY_OPTIONS= [ 'nx/nx', 'options=%s' % "/".join([sys.CYG_HOME, "S-%s" % self.session_info.name, 'options']), ]