[X2Go-Dev] Host X server DISPLAY is not set

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Jun 20 11:24:54 CEST 2014

Hi Pierre,

thanks for subscribing to this list and posting here...

On  Fr 20 Jun 2014 10:01:36 CEST, SARL Mezzònomy wrote:

> I'm currently working on distant application server based on X2GO.
> On the demonstration computer, the X2GO client (PyQt) works
> perfectly. So I use this situation to make converge my other system
> built on the python API. The python API performs correctly the
> negociation with the server, but whe it comes to nxproxy, this one
> crashes.
>
> A first problem comes from cygwin porting of nxproxy, but it was not
> suficient to fix it (see PS). nxproxy writes now in the 'session'
> file the following message: "Host X server DISPLAY is not set". This
> seem to be linked with the launching of the VcXsrv utility embedded
> in the X2GO client distribution, which is launched at the client
> start. But how do I start it without a blank window, and how do I
> link it with nxproxy ?

please take a look at the setup.py [1] file in pyhoca-gui.git [2]. It
shows what 3rd-party stuff to pull in where in the
%ProgramFiles%/<application> directory.

The 3rd-party stuff I have collected in the pyhoca-contrib.git repo
[3]. No need to rebuild nxproxy or such.

Also, if VcXsrv is installed at the right location [4], then it will
be automatically detected and launched by python-x2go's internal
plumbing (with the right option given to the X2GoClient [5] instance
constructor: start_xserver=True).

Regards,
Mike

[1] http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=pyhoca-gui.git;a=blob;f=setup.py