[X2Go-Dev] Issue with 100% cpu usage in x2goclient + libssh 0.6.0

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Jan 22 22:36:53 CET 2014

With libssh 0.6.0, x2goclient consumes 100% cpu on connection.  The trigger
for this is that ssh_select() was rewritten to use poll() instead of select().
 poll() has a timeout in milliseconds, select() in microseconds.  x2goclient
requests a timeout of 500 microseconds which is getting rounded down to a
timeout of 0 milliseconds for poll().

However, this still seems to point to some poor coding on the part of
x2goclient that we're using such short timeouts.  Why can't we just wait
forever in ssh_select() in SshMasterConnection::channelLoop() ?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com