[X2Go-Dev] Patch needed for rpm building (unless someone proves me wrong)

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:32:21 CET 2012

Am 07.02.2012 14:52, schrieb Reinhard Tartler:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Oliver Burger<obgr_seneca at mageia.org>  wrote:
>
> I wonder why do you require these changes? Don't you use something
> like fakeroot for package building? that should the INSTALL_OWNER
> changes unnecessary.
Well, I know, that fakeroot is used in deb packaging but not in rpm
packaging, and since you don't build as root, it's quite impossible to
use those -g and -o options.
In addition, they are not needed at all, the package building process
does fix the permission of these files on its own, at least rpmbuild does.

> The SYSCONFDIR/ETCDIR might make sense if you want to install
> somewhere else than '$(DESTDIR)/etc/x2go'. However, I'm pretty sure
> that installing those files somewhere else will break x2go in more or
> less subtle ways as I think those paths are hardcoded at more other
> places. Therefore, I wonder again what this patch fixes for you.
You are partly right there.
While rediffing the patch from 3.0.99.9 I did overlook, the $(DESTDIR)
was already added.
The patch read
-       mkdir -p /etc/X11/Xresources
-       mkdir -p /etc/X11/Xsession.d
-       touch /etc/X11/Xsession.options
+       mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)$(SYSCONFDIR)/X11/Xresources
+       mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)$(SYSCONFDIR)/X11/Xsession.d
in the previous version.
So you are right, this one isn't really needed anymore.
But I have to wonder, why a variable $(ETCDIR) is defined instead of
hardcoding it, when it will break x2goserver, if the user should define
it during build?
Your argument there seems to fire backwards.

Oliver