[X2Go-Dev] Patch needed for rpm building (unless someone proves me wrong)

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:52:44 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Oliver Burger <obgr_seneca at mageia.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed to patch some make files of x2goserver in order to be able to build
> rpm packages of it.
> It would be nice if you could evaluate them and see, if they can be merged
> upstream.
> Thanks,

I wonder why do you require these changes? Don't you use something
like fakeroot for package building? that should the INSTALL_OWNER
changes unnecessary.

The SYSCONFDIR/ETCDIR might make sense if you want to install
somewhere else than '$(DESTDIR)/etc/x2go'. However, I'm pretty sure
that installing those files somewhere else will break x2go in more or
less subtle ways as I think those paths are hardcoded at more other
places. Therefore, I wonder again what this patch fixes for you.

--
regards,
    Reinhard