[X2go-Dev] BUGS: x2godesktopsharing

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Jun 14 00:27:44 CEST 2011

Hi Alex,

today I have implemented basic X2go desktop sharing client support in
Python X2go. The commit I already uploaded to X2go Git is very basic
and needs quite some fine-tuning and testing before I will weave it
into PyHoca-GUI. However, with pyhoca-cli it is already possible to
test the desktop sharing client code in Python X2go.

While working on that I have encountered two problems, though:

1.
When the x2godesktopsharing tray applet gets killed by SIGTERM it does
neither remove its socket file /tmp/x2godesktopsharing_... nor its
lock file...

As a consequence, the x2golistdesktops script returns stale desktop
sessions resulting from stale x2godesktopsharing lock/socket files.

x2godesktopsharing only removes its socket/lock files if the
,,Beenden'' item in the applet's tray menu is clicked.

2.
When connecting to x2godesktopsharing the x2godesktopsharing applet
always shows wrong username:

   (a) session already running as user-a, start x2godesktopsharing
   (b) connect a shadow session to user-a's session (as user-b)
   (c) user-a then gets asked if it will accept an incoming connection
       from user-a(!!!!), here it should ask for user-b instead

The basic question here is a question of concept. I currently only see
this approach:

(i) -> pass another parameter from x2gostartagent to
x2godesktopsharing (client
        mode), this parameter will be a representation of the connecting user
        name (and maybe gecos field?)

It would be good to fix both issues some time in the near future.
Apart from these two issues x2godesktopsharing works brilliantly.

Another cosmetic change could be an improvement of
x2godesktopsharing's whitelist/blacklist editor (e.g. add users
manually, maybe even add groups manually etc.). But that is rather of
a lower priority...

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B