[X2go-Dev] TCE-Server

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jun 14 11:20:53 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

at http://wiki.x2go.org/installing_x2go_thin_client_environment_debian
you highly recommend to set up a server of it's own. Where is the
rationale behind this strong recommendation? Especially as I can see no
major security risks running the server (you need root to set it up, of
course). At least none you can solve by using an extra server. But there
is quite a bit of overhead running the whole thing in a VM as it has
mainly I/O. And if one already has a nfs running, I can really see no
need for the extra overhead.

Cheers
Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty