[X2go-dev] VcXsrv on WinXP (rdesktop) in multiwindow mode

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Mon Jan 24 10:01:58 CET 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hi John, Phil and Alex, dear list,
>
> I am still having serious problems getting VcXsrv (1.9.3.0) started in
> multiwindow mode and run sessions of X2go session type ,,D'' (desktop)
> with it.
>
> My cmd line is:
>
> vcxsrv.exe :40 -clipboard -multiwindow -nowinkill -notrayicon
>
> On session start the X2GO start up x2goagent window appears, but
> before any graphical elements (apart from the X2GO slogan) are drawn,
> VcXsrv crashes.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to circumvent this?
>
> Greets,
> Mike

Mike, are you starting vcxsrv from within the x2go client code ? If you are then one change I had to make was how x2go checked that the xserver had indeed started. On line 7145 of onmainwindow.cpp it uses the test :

if ( line.indexOf ( "successfully opened the display" ) !=-1 )

which I had to change it too:

if ( line.indexOf ( "GL provider for screen" ) !=-1 )

and for starting up vcxsrv I used the following syntax:

args<<dispString<<"-multiwindow"<<"-notrayicon"<<"-clipboard"<<"-logverbose"<<"1"<<"-swcursor"<<"-logfile"<<xorgLogFile

To get the opened display entry in the log file you need to increase the logging level verbosity.

Hope this helps.
--
Thanks, Phil