[X2go-dev] VcXsrv on WinXP (rdesktop) in multiwindow mode

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Jan 24 15:31:28 CET 2011

Hi Phil,

On Mo 24 Jan 2011 10:01:58 CET "--[ UxBoD ]--" wrote:

> [...]

No, I am launching the XServer from within the Python X2go API:
https://svn.das-netzwerkteam.de/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=x2go&path=%2Fpython%2Fpython-x2go%2Ftrunk%2Fx2go%2Fxserver.py

The hardcoded XServer configuration can be found in the defaults.py
file (see dictionary/hash X2GO_CLIENTXCONFIG_DEFAULTS):
https://svn.das-netzwerkteam.de/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=x2go&path=%2Fpython%2Fpython-x2go%2Ftrunk%2Fx2go%2Fdefaults.py

> If you are then one change I had to make was how x2go checked that
> the xserver had indeed started. On line 7145 of onmainwindow.cpp it
> uses the test :
>
> if ( line.indexOf ( "successfully opened the display" ) !=-1 )
>
> which I had to change it too:
>
> if ( line.indexOf ( "GL provider for screen" ) !=-1 )
>
> and for starting up vcxsrv I used the following syntax:
>
> args<<dispString<<"-multiwindow"<<"-notrayicon"<<"-clipboard"<<"-logverbose"<<"1"<<"-swcursor"<<"-logfile"<<xorgLogFile

OK, apart from the logging my start command is similar. I have also
tried -swcursor, but vcxsrv always fails in -multiwindow mode. I'll
have to try with other X applications apart from nxproxy/x2goagent
(i.e. test with local xcalc etc.)

> To get the opened display entry in the log file you need to increase
> the logging level verbosity.

I tell the XServer which port to use, so my mechanism is slightly
different. However, this will probably a topic of change in further
Python X2go versions.

Greets & thanks,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B