[X2go-dev] LDAP integration call for help

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Jun 30 15:58:59 CEST 2010

On Mi 30 Jun 2010 15:10:56 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 13:11 +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> after havine played with x2goserver-one/sqlite for a while I am
>> testing x2goserver with LDAP/Postgres setup.
>>
>> The Postgres setup was easy, thanks to the wiki (there are some
>> essential typos in the wiki page, I have registered with the wiki to
>> fix them).
>>
>> But LDAP...
>>
>> My very first impression is - and maybe I am wrong - that the
>> LDAP-Server setup is far to rigid (I will speak openly).
>>
>> [...}
>>
>> Loads of questions, sorry, but I couldn't get LDAP functionality
>> running out of the box with my already existing LDAP setup.
> <snip>
> Thanks for articulating this.  We would also like to see some growth in
> LDAP.  We use RedHat's DS and have shied away from X2Go/LDAP for both
> lack of time to unravel it and because it appeared a little too rigid at
> first glance.  I'll be quite interested in what you find - John

I will not go through the current stable code as it might already be
outdated. But I am willing to indulge in the latest code tree.

@developers: I am desperately looking forward to an x2go/trunk code
repository (GIT/SVN, whatever) coming online...

Greets,

eMail-LeseSchreibStunde: wochentags 8h-10h
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de