[X2go-dev] about the mailing list...

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 00:03:58 CEST 2010

On 28 June 2010 21:37, Heinz-M. Graesing <x2go-dev at x2go.org> wrote:

[snip]
> This is done, because if everybody can write to the list we would
> receive a lot of spam. I have to delete really a lot of "non
> accepted/hold" messages per day which are normally spam only.
[snip]

The more of these mundane tasks we can remove from the developers
shoulders, the better. I'm sure everyone will agree on this. I hope
you're not shy about telling us if there is anything we can do to help
make communications and such run smoothly, and without interfering too
much with the actual development.

How do you feel about Launchpad.net? Much of the traffic on this list
consists of questions or bug reports. By using LP, we could collect
questions and answers, so that we can just copy and paste a link to
the answer when questions are asked several times. The same goes for
bug reports, of course, and it handles translations, blueprints and
code as well. Yes, users will still have to register, but launchpad
will take care of that.

It seems to me that by opening up a little more, the number of bug
reports and questions might increase, but it'll be easier to
distribute the load as well. I also think it's important to have a
highly visible bug tracker so that testers can help confirm which bugs
are reproducible, and if they're not, possibly discern the
circumstances required to do so.

Thanks,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad