[X2go-dev] new to the list, offering support

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Sat Jun 26 13:52:04 CEST 2010

Hi Paul - hello *@x2go-dev,

Am 25.06.2010 22:39, schrieb Paul van der Vlis:
>> As I understand a new release of x2go is coming up soon. Thus, I would
>> like to avoid reporting deprecated issues/bugs/problems. Are there any
>> release candidates, yet?
>
> The new version is ready, but the packaging is not. I expect the
> packaging will be ready very soon.

Again we had some things to do this week. We've changed the plugin - for
everybody using/playing with it: please download the new one:

http://plugin.x2go.org

There are now three more options supported by the *.x2go file:

showtoolbar=true

This sets the visibility of the x2goplugin toolbar to "hidden" (not
"compressed") so it will be not possible to see or use it.

showstatusbar=true

This sets the visibility of the x2goplugin statusbar to "hidden" (not
"compressed") so it will be not possible to see it.

At the end of the file you can now attach a ssh key as "autologin"
feature. Please be carefull with this option and use it only in secure
networks (as this would also allow to login to the machine for real!!!):

-----BEGIN DSA PRIVATE KEY-----
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
-----END DSA PRIVATE KEY-----

The site http://plugin.x2go.org/ will change a lot in the next days. For
everybody who want's to use our scripts and css (because we'll provide
localisation and some more features):

The current files will be found inside the http://plugin.x2go.org/lib/
directory, which is an link to the current version. We'll also provide
static version numbers like http://plugin.x2go.org/lib-0.1/ . Again: at
the moment this part is under heavy development and may still change (a
lot).

> I see something here: https://git.x2go.org
> Not sure it works, I don't have a username/password...

The git is not up at the moment. But it'll soon - sorry for now...

There are some minor issues left we found during packaging (ldaps has
changed in squezze,...), but we are almost trough...

best regards,

Alex & Heinz