[X2go-dev] new to the list, offering support

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Jun 25 19:23:07 CEST 2010

Hi there,

my name is Mike Gabriel and I have recently taken a closer look at
x2go. I must say, it is a fabulous project/product and as I will
probably have needs for a SBC/TC environment like x2go I would like to
offer support, skills and resources:

   o vhosts for testing (on root servers, available sometime in
     September/Octobre)
     this year)
   o webspace, db-storage, kolab groupware accounts
   o skills in Perl, Python, PHP
   o genuine skills in Ubuntu/Debian system administration
   o genuine skills in communication (at least I hope I have them)
   o I won't be much help with the x2goclient, but I think I can add
     great support to the server aspects of x2go...

I live in Kiel, Germany and currently I am working on a SBC/Opensource
concept for a couple of grammar schools herearound.

During the testing of x2go I have stumbled over quite some issues that
I would like to report to the current developer team. As I have found
no bugtracker with the project, I guess addressing the x2go-dev list
will be best, won't it?

I would like to open a single thread per issue (as opposed to stuffing
all issues into one longish mail). So discussion can wrap around each
thread individually...

As I understand a new release of x2go is coming up soon. Thus, I would
like to avoid reporting deprecated issues/bugs/problems. Are there any
release candidates, yet? Or is the git repository already up, so I can
take a look into the sources?

Let me know how I can support your team!

Best and thanks for all the great work already performed,

eMail-LeseSchreibStunde: wochentags 8h-10h
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de