[X2go-dev] Extra functions requested in x2go

Dick Kniep dick.kniep at lindix.nl
Tue Jun 22 12:37:05 CEST 2010

Hi LIst,

A little more explanation. We publish our application from Linux, but NO desktop. So the user double-clicks an icon on his desktop and the application starts in its own window powered by x2go (currently GoGlobal). So for the user it is simply an application on his own windows/mac/linux desktop.

In our application there is a menu option to export a list to Excel. So I would like to be able to do several things from our application:

1. Copy the file to the shared directory of the client

2. Start that file (based on the mime type) on the client

I hope this clears things up.