[X2Go-User] x2go Connecting from Mac to Linux

Ute Roehrig Ute.Roehrig at sib.swiss
Wed Mar 13 15:44:31 CET 2019

Hello,

I've been using x2go for a long time to connect from a Mac to a Linux
Desktop running Kubuntu 16.04 (KDE running locally). A few weeks back I
ran into trouble with x2go crashing very often, and each time killing my
VPN connection.

To understand if the OSX version was the problem, I updated my Mac from
10.13. High Sierra to 10.14.3 Mojave, but the problem persists.

Some observations:
When connecting to the Linux Desktop without VPN (possible only when
physically connected to the same network), the problem persists.
When running only the VPN without x2go, the connection is stable.
Non-graphical ssh sessions are stable.
Connecting to a suspended session seems to make things worse (more
frequent crashes).
Using xfce or mate doesn't change anything.

When running the x2go client (Version 4.1.2.1) in debug mode, at a
certain point (but not upon startup) I get one of the following
messages:

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:2193>
"ssh_channel_open_session failed": "Socket error: Connection reset by
peer"

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:2193>
"ssh_channel_open_session failed": "Socket error: No such file or
directory"

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:2193>
"ssh_channel_open_session failed": "Socket error: Can't assign requested
address"

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:2193>
"ssh_channel_open_session failed": "Socket error: Operation timed out"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Ute