[X2Go-User] X2goServer successfully connects to server, but no window is shown

Iuri Sampaio iuri at iurix.com
Wed Feb 6 01:25:12 CET 2019

Hi there,

After installing X2GO server, in a Debian/LXDE server, I tried to connect to it but the next window, within the console doesn’t show up,

I found this discussion in the Forum, but even after installing nx-libs and x2go agent, the problem still remains.

https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=516 <https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=516>

The status says Finished, the console icon appears in the menu, but the console window just doesn’t come up. Then, if I tried once more, the Status box shows the last connection, in order to resume to the last session opened. Thus, it seems that the connection went through, but there is something missing in the server side to deliver console display.

What package/library should be missing.

p.s. logs show no errors so far.
tail -f /var/log/messages | grep x2go

Best wishes,