[X2Go-Project] Bugtracker and more

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:00:50 CEST 2015

Hi Stefan (see bottom post)

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Stefan Baur <X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de> wrote:

> Hi Mike#2,
>
> we've occasionally talked about it before, and I would like to discuss
> it in public now, so I'm drawing in x2go-project.
>
> A lot of us are frustrated with the user experience of our BTS.
>
> Has anybody used
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phabricator
> before?
>
> Quote:
> "Phabricator is a suite of web-based software development
> collaboration tools, including the Differential code review tool, the
> Diffusion repository browser, the Herald change monitoring tool, the
> Maniphest bug tracker and the Phriction wiki. Phabricator integrates
> with Git, Mercurial, and Subversion."
>
> It would be nice to know if this suite would suit us - especially, if
> Maniphest turns out to be an easier-to-use bugtracker that still has
> some kind of "advanced" mode that can be interacted with via e-mail,
> just like our current BTS.
>
> Input, volunteers, opinions, anyone?
>
> - -Stefan
[...]

1. I thought Mihai was setting up a web-based suite of tools that
includes a bug/issue tracker.

2. Personally I like redmine, which libssh has been using, because it
lets you convert tickets back and forth between "Bug", "Support", and
"Feature". There's nothing more insulting than "CLOSED NOTABUG" when a
user reports a bug, but it turns out to be a badly needed small
feature or a support request.
However, I am not insisting we use Redmine by any means.
http://www.redmine.org/

3. I will look into Phabricator later. That said, I looked into it a
little bit, and the variety of supported authentication methods looks
awesome. Hopefully they are easy to setup. Screenshot:
http://imgur.com/qeE90gt

-Mike#2