[X2Go-Dev] The cygwin sshd problem [advice wanted]

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:26:36 CEST 2016

For those who don't know about the issue with X2Go Client for Windows
that is holding up its 4.0.5.1 release, upgrading cygwin sshd from
6.8p1-1 to 7.1p2-1 broke our folder sharing & printer sharing feature.

After I added the cygwin sshd logging feature, I see this in the sshd log file:
Unable to negotiate with 127.0.0.1: no matching host key type found. ...
http://pastebin.com/M7CeySQ9

After doing some research, it looks like this is the incompatible change:
http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-7.0
 * Support for ssh-dss, ssh-dss-cert-* host and user keys is disabled
   by default at run-time. These may be re-enabled using the
   instructions at http://www.openssh.com/legacy.html

What I am wondering is this: Are we limiting ourselves to
ssh-dss-cert-* keys, or is sshfs limiting us?

-Mike