[X2go-dev] screen saver extension

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Jun 21 13:49:26 CEST 2010

Hello Roland,

I asked some questions, you did not answer them. Maybe you can tell a
bit more about your problem.

I can remember I did some tests with the screensaver on both the client
and in the session, but I did not see any problem.

Maybe you mean something else then simply using a screensaver?
I am not sure my screensaver is using the X11 screen saver extention.

What is exactly this X11 screen saver extention and why do you need it?

Are you using full-screen sessions or not, and what is you host-OS?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

rf at q-leap.de schreef:
> Hi again,
>
> is it really possible that nobody knows how to do this or whether it is
> possible at all? I'd appreciate a short answer. Here the question again:
>
> Is it possible to start x2go with the X11 screen saver extension
> enabled, and if yes, how?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roland

>     Roland> Hi Paul,
>
>     Roland> thanks for your reply.
>
>     Roland> Hi, I searched the web and mailing list archives, but didn't
>     Roland> find an answer to my question: Is it possible to start x2go
>     Roland> with the X11 screen saver extension enabled? I'd need it to
>     Roland> get X11 idle time on the command line.
>
>     Roland> does anybody have an idea about this, or is it just not
>     Roland> possible with current versions of X2go?
>
>     Paul> I've never tried it. What happends if you enable the screen
>     Paul> saver?  Do you mean a screensaver on the client or in the
>     Paul> session on the server?
>
>     Paul> I've just tried it with the screensaver in the session
>     Paul> enabled, and with a full-screen session. The screensaver did
>     Paul> work without problems.
>
>     Roland> I know, some screensavers don't use the X11 screen saver
>     Roland> extension. But I need the program xprintidle to work which
>     Roland> requires this extension (see Ubuntu/Debian package
>     Roland> xprintidle).

Met vriendelijke groet,
Paul van der Vlis.

--