[X2Go-User] Install x2go TCE-live server

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Fri Jan 18 23:42:53 CET 2019

Am 18.01.19 um 19:14 schrieb Stroganov Roman:
> You are right! On the x2go server there are no forwarded disks/directories
> from clients. The thin client tried from clients of Linux, win. In a
> directory of the user there is a link to directory/media, in 3
> subdirectories of CD, disk, rm. All of them are empty.
> Earlier everything worked on this server as 100% I shared disks from
> Linux/win of clients with x2go the server.
> I decided to check is on the x2goserver-fmbindings server
>
> The packet of x2goserver-fmbindings of the newest version is already set
> (4.1.0.3-0 ~ 1708 ~ ubuntu16.04.1).
> The following packets were established automatically and any more are not
> required:
>   linux-headers-4.4.0-112 linux-headers-4.4.0-112-generic
> linux-image-4.4.0-112-generic linux-image-extra-4.4.0-112-generic
> For their removal use "sudo apt autoremove".
>
> It what depends on the version of a kernel? At me now 4.4.0.142. Maybe
> updating what that broke?
> I have a backup copy. I can try to recover it (I do not know what a kernel
> there) If earns - any more never to update a kernel?

That doesn't sound like the kernel is at fault.

Please ssh into the server, using an SSH key that is also allowed to log
in to the thinclient, and using the -A parameter ("ssh -A
your.user at server.ip.goes.here"), then, on the server, run these commands
and post their output:

cat /etc/debian_version
cat /etc/os-release
dpkg -l | egrep 'fuse|x2go|nx|sshfs'
mkdir x2gotempmount
sshfs root at thinclient.ip.goes.here:/home x2gotempmount
ls -lah x2gotempmount
fusermount -u x2gotempmount
rmdir x2gotempmount

(my gut feeling is that you are missing the fuse or sshfs package ...)

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur