[X2Go-User] Unwanted session suspension on an unreliable network

Peter Oliver lists.x2go.org at mavit.org.uk
Tue Jan 8 13:34:26 CET 2019

When using the Windows X2Go client on an unreliable network, I
regularly receive the message “The connection with the remote server
was shut down. Please check the state of your network connection”.  I
am forced to reconnect to my X2Go session, but a PuTTY connection to
the same server typically continues to work without interruption once
the network comes back a few moments later.

I assume that X2Go is actively checking the state of the connection,
in a similar way to OpenSSH’s ServerAliveCountMax/ServerAliveInterval
configuration options.  Is there any way to switch this functionality
off in X2Go?

--
Peter Oliver