[X2Go-User] Low speed of x2go server

Stroganov Roman stroganov.roman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:46:21 CET 2019

>Is it possible that something is slowing down the server (for example,
>the server being a virtual machine, and the host running out of RAM and
>thus using swap space on disk instead, or using slower hard disks than
>in the old server)?

All servers virtual. With identical hardware providing and on one host.

>What happens when you set up a test server with a real Ubuntu 18.04 LTS,
>rather than linux lite?  Still slow?

I did not to start a full desktop (gnome) in ubuntu 18.04. It is just
disconnected.
It turned out to start separately the Firefox and OpenOffice applications.
It works quickly!

>Is the entire desktop running slow, or only particular applications
>(Firefox, for example)?

Slowly works when I give a desktop.
As I wrote before the application (firefox, openoffice) work quickly
everywhere. LinuxLite 3.8/LinuxLite 4.2/Ubuntu 18.04

When I understood it I decided to change default style (Adapta) and icon
theme (Papirus-Adapta) in LinLite 4.2 for others (did on the server not
through x2go). After having connected by this user through x2go I found out
that everything works quickly.
I decided to double-check it. And again changed style and icons for default
(Adapta)
I very much was surprised, but everything continued to work quickly and
well. I several times perezagrugit the x2go server every time being
connected to it by the same user again and everything works quickly with
windows and linux of clients.
After I was connected from the thin client of TCE by the same user and all
very slowly.

Now I have such stable results with the user of "test" (Settings of clients
identical):
Windows client = quickly
Linux client = quickly
Thin client of TCE = very slowly

Connection by any users not of "test" (Tried to change styles and icons):
Windows client = very slowly
Linux client = very slowly
Thin client of TCE = very slowly

I could not repeat magic which turned out with the user of "test" with
other users. I cannot understand dependence in what prevents the x2go
server to work quickly.
But I was convinced that x2go the server can quickly work with linux Lite
4.2
Maybe somebody will prompt what in my case prevents x2go to work quickly?
Or there can be I am mistaken what the style of a design and style of icons
is guilty?

There are ideas?

--
С Уважением Строганов Роман