[X2Go-User] local X server fails to accept the connection?

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Tue Feb 19 11:12:52 CET 2019

Am 15.02.19 um 17:00 schrieb Grigory Shamov:
> We are running X2go servers on CentOS 6 Linux; other clients (MacOS, other
> users with Windows 7 and 10) seem to connect fine. So the problem likely
> is with the client. I believe the Windows x2go client comes with an X11
> server bundled with it and configured.
>
> Could anyone suggest what could be the reason for such errors, have anyone
> encountered them before? Any advice much appreciated! Thanks!

If it's only happening on one client, my guess would be that the client
installation is broken somehow.

This could be just about anything - hardware failure (disk, RAM),
malware, an overzealous AntiVirus, or just a plain misconfiguration or
filesystem error.

The easiest way would probably be to create another user account on the
same client and try it with that one - to see if the problem is with the
user or the machine.  To cross-check, have the affected user try to log
in using X2GoClient on a different machine.

If the problem persists and is tied to the machine, the next try would
be to perform a clean uninstall of X2GoClient, reboot, then reinstall
X2GoClient from a newly downloaded copy of the installer.

If it's tied to the user, compare group memberships both on the client
and on the server side between the affected user and a user having no
issues, also, let the user try to log in using plain SSH (PuTTY) and
possibly with X-Forwarding and a manually started X-Server on the
client, to see if the issue is with X2Go or with the underlying
operating system/permissions/whatever.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur