[X2Go-User] X2go server and pgpool

David Barron DBarron at zencos.com
Tue Sep 25 15:24:09 CEST 2018

I'm trying to get x2go server running in a high availability environment, which includes using pgpool for replication etc.

I've got my /etc/x2go/x2gosql/sql file setup this way:

backend=postgres
host=<hostname>
port=9999

When I try x2godbadmin -createdb I get a pgpool error I don't understand:

DBI connect('dbname=x2go_sessions;host=<hostname>;port=9999;sslmode=disable','postgres',...) failed :ERROR: unable to read message kind
DETAIL: kind does not match between master(53) slot[1] (45) at /sbin/x2godbadmin line 530.
Backend=postgres at /sbin/x2godbadmin line 530.

When I connect with pgAdmin I can see that the x2godbuser has been created and the x2go_sessions database has been created.

If I try to connect to the database I get this error
[cid:image002.png at 01D44F61.9E2EB470]

If I change the port= to 5432 (the default postgresql port) the command works fine.

So, I guess my first question is, is this sort of setup supported?
If so, is there any documentation or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

architects of vision and strategy for business intelligence

David Barron
Senior Consultant
Zencos Consulting: david.barron at zencos.com

[www.zencos.com]<http://www.zencos.com/>

work:

919-480-2761

mobile:

919-995-2356

fax:

919-287-2335

The information in this e-mail and any attached files is confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. Any unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the company.