[X2Go-User] Failed to start X2Go Agent Session

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Wed Oct 17 16:01:45 CEST 2018

Am 17.10.18 um 15:46 schrieb Daniel Kollmer:
> I don't see any x2go processes running.
>
> I have compared the debug log of this machine with one where things
> work, and it seems to me that this message is where things break:
>
> x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:532> Have stderr only, something must be wrong
>
> I don't see that on other machines where the client just breezes past
> this point.
> Not sure what I should make of it though.

What happens when you create a test account on the same server, and try
to log in to that?  Same error, or working fine?

If it's only the single account that is affected, and not the entire
server, my gut feeling would be that the user didn't just delete some
session data, but messed with some configuration file, maybe .profile or
.bash_rc.  Look if any of those contains a redirect (>) instruction,
maybe some ">/dev/null" somewhere that has become dangling.

Some more things to try:

Can the affected user log in via plain ssh?  What about the test user?

Assuming logging in via plain ssh works, what happens when the affected
user logs in via plain ssh and runs:

x2golistsessions

Also, the output of

dpkg -l | egrep 'nx|x2go'