[X2Go-User] Forcing connection speed setting based upon IP address

Steve Bergman sbergman27 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:59:39 CEST 2018

Thank you for your reply, Uli. I appreciate it. But I already know that.
The issue is that of my 120 or so remote Linux desktop clients, some get
misconfigured. Some of these offices are 700+ miles away, and I don't set
these clients up. On-site personel do. And they do a pretty good job. But I
still find the occasional remote client set to LAN.

The collective contents of the session.log files do allow me to generate
reports. But it would be nice if I could just go back to forcing these to
the right setting based upon server policy. Especially as I'm the only
admin for everything, and this customer continues to expand its employee
base.

-Steve

On May 29, 2018 12:34 PM, "Ulrich Sibiller" <uli42 at gmx.de> wrote:

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:06 PM, Steve Bergman <sbergman27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a central LAN, where the X2Go server and many clients live, and
> several branch offices which connect via the WAN. I used to be able to
> modify the FreeNX 'nxacl' script to force 'LAN' for local clients, and
> 'ADSL' for everyone else. Last I looked, there was no such facility in the
> X2Go server, and the team had posted good reasons (which I can't quite
> recall) why that file was not coming back.
>
> But does X2Go server have a way for me to accomplish what I want? I still
> find the occasional misconfigured client.

This is a client side configuration, so simply configure the ADSL
clients to use ADSL and the others to use LAN.

Uli