[X2Go-User] Problems with java GUI application

Bodmer Stephan sbodmer at lsi-media.ch
Thu May 17 09:09:04 CEST 2018

On 05/16/2018 09:06 PM, Kevin Kremer wrote:
>> Try with JOSM https://josm.openstreetmap.de/
> I tested https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ which runs without any problems.Well, your answer is right there...
...if other java applications works, then it's your specific app which
does some nasty stuff...

BTW I'm a professional Java developer, so I know that if you are not
carefully programming your "event" thread handling, wrong stuff will
happen in some peculiar context (like x2go ?). Your symptoms seems to
indicate just that (no window refresh, no GUI reactivity), we developer
call it the "Gray Screen Of Death"...

As the Oracle JDK is a requirement, it means that your app will use some
specific Oracle API which is never good (which could indicate some
design flaws, which could indicate that they have not properly handled
their "event" thread...).

So, sorry for my 2 cent opinion, but I couldn't help ;^)

Have a nice day.

Stephan

---
BODMER Stephan [sbodmer at lsi-media.ch]
LSI Media Sàrl [http://www.lsi-media.ch]
37-39 rue Eugène Marziano - 1227 Carouge  - Genève - Suisse
Tél: +41 22 8232125  Fax: +41 22 8232126