[X2Go-User] open another customizing Port Forward thought the SSH Connection to the x2go Server

Steven Spencer steven.spencer at kdsi.com
Mon Mar 19 15:28:53 CET 2018

On 03/16/2018 08:24 AM, Feustel, Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to open an induvial port forward from the client
> machine to the x2go server?
>
> I need this for a windows software to connect to the Linux server.
>

> My first approach wars to use on the client a ssh_config, but the
> client creates the connection directly from the x2go client
> application with some ssh libs.
>
> So ok, the next approach wars to use the ssh_config  on the Linux
> site, because for the printer  and the file connection, the server
> open a ssh connection  to a ssh-Daemon on the Client site. But the ssh
> connection use the option “ClearAllForwardings”, so  the forwards on a
> config-file are not working.
>

> So someone have an idea for this topic?
>

> Greetings

Thomas,

We always do our port-forwarding for x2go via a  firewall appliance, but
you can do this pretty easily by implementing a firewall on the Linux
box and doing your port-forwarding from there. On the client side, you
simply specify the port for ssh (maybe 222 or 223 or something) and then
redirect that port on the server's firewall to the actual ssh port (22).

You can do a quick Google search on port-forwarding with IPTables or ufw
to get a feel for how this is done.

Thanks,

Steven G. Spencer, Network Administrator
KSC Corporate - The Kelly Supply Family of Companies
Office 308-382-8764 Ext. 1131
Mobile 402-765-8010