[X2Go-User] Update: Problems after upgrading to recent x2go-server and x2go client releases

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu Mar 15 03:08:18 CET 2018

* On 03/13/2018 02:41 PM, h i wrote:
> When using the ppa:x2go/stable repository, something seemed strange when I ran
> the update manager in Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04. I received a message about
> a partial upgrade I've never seen since using Ubuntu. I've attached the message.
> After running this partial upgrade, I started experiencing the flickering
> problems. Removed x2goserver entirely, and did a fresh install of the most
> update to date version. Still experiencing the flickering problems.

Hm, I don't know what a partial update means. If you upgraded successfully there
should be no partial upgrades.

Switching from stable to saimaa directly is not possible, though.

You will need to uninstall all X2Go packages first, then add the Saimaa
repository and reinstall.

> I no longer experience the flickering when maximizing/minimizing or moving the
> window from side-to side. Everything is working fine like it was prior to the
> most recent update from the ppa:x2go/stable repository. I think I'm going to
> stick with the Saimaa repository for now until the bugs are fixed from
> the ppa:x2go/stable  repository.

Fine, but please follow the release announcements to know when that happens.

> Also going to stick with x2goclient 4.1.0.0 where there is no issue with
> clicking the session panel. I can click where I'm accustomed to clicking again.

Note that X2Go Client prior to 4.1.1.1 won't work correctly with the new stable
release of X2Go Server due to Xinerama changes.

Mihai