[X2Go-User] Can't install X2goserver on Debian 9

Nigra Truo nigratruo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 00:26:54 CET 2018

Now I get this error:
Setting up x2goserver (4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2+git20180302.1517+9.main.1) ...
Can't locate X2Go/Config.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
X2Go::Config module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24
/usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at
/usr/sbin/x2godbadmin line 30.

At this point the salient question is: Why is this not working? There is
nothing x2go on this server, I erased everything that the purge failed to
do. At this point, the system should be as fresh as a completely new box.
But for some reason, dpkg seems to remember that I erased something or that
something is missing. Where is that stored, how can I make dpkg / apt treat
this as though it does not know anything about the x2goserver package, like
it was never installed before? This is not the first time this happened,
dpkg seems to remember when things get erased and does not get that likely,
an admin erased something for a purpose and that it should be replaced
fresh when reinstalling it, instead of complaining that a config is not
there (while in a fresh install, there is nothing installed and all the
files need to be unpacked and installed from scratch)

Thanks,

Markus

--
*Por sperto kaj lerno ne sufiĉas eterno.*