[X2Go-User] Update: Problems after upgrading to recent x2go-server and x2go client releases

h i qpile117 at outlook.com
Tue Mar 13 14:41:56 CET 2018

Hello,

When using the ppa:x2go/stable repository, something seemed strange when I ran the update manager in Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04. I received a message about a partial upgrade I've never seen since using Ubuntu. I've attached the message. After running this partial upgrade, I started experiencing the flickering problems. Removed x2goserver entirely, and did a fresh install of the most update to date version. Still experiencing the flickering problems.

I  uninstalled everything from x2goserver on our system. Also uninstalled any lingering package versions that might conflict with trying to install from the Saimaa repository.

After cleaning, I installed x2goserver from the Saimaa repository.

I no longer experience the flickering when maximizing/minimizing or moving the window from side-to side. Everything is working fine like it was prior to the most recent update from the ppa:x2go/stable repository. I think I'm going to stick with the Saimaa repository for now until the bugs are fixed from the ppa:x2go/stable  repository.

Also going to stick with x2goclient 4.1.0.0 where there is no issue with clicking the session panel. I can click where I'm accustomed to clicking again.

Why are there 2 repositories for x2go and which one should we use for the long-term?

Any help would be appreciated.

h.