[X2Go-User] Connection timeout over high latency network links

Brent Roman brent at mbari.org
Mon Mar 12 20:28:11 CET 2018

I'm trying to run a remote X-session on a satellite link.
The ping latency is typically 800ms.
I have no trouble ssh'ing to the remote machine, but, whenever I
try to connect a remote session via the x2goclient, it ends
within a couple seconds with a dialog box saying:

Timeout connecting to raven

raven is the remote hostname.

Both machines are running Debian Jessie.
The x2goclient is version 4.4.1.0

Is there some connection timeout parameter that I could increase
to make it possible to use high latency links?
Is this fixed in newer versions?

Thanks!

--
  Brent Roman                                   MBARI
  Software Engineer               Tel: (831) 775-1808