[X2Go-User] Problems after upgrading to recent x2go-server and x2go client releases

h i qpile117 at outlook.com
Wed Mar 7 19:34:54 CET 2018

Hello,

I've been experiencing problems with opening applications and resizing my x2go client window after installing the newest version x2go-server.

The issues occurs on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04.

What happens now is that every time I maximize my x2go-client window, the images on screen rapidly flicker and won't stop until I minimize the screen.

Also, each time I move the window, a quick flicker occurs across the screen.

This never occurred before this new release.

I have a few systems with the current x2go verison installed, here is the output:

x2goversion
x2goserver: 4.1.0.0
x2goserver-common: 4.1.0.0
x2goserver-extensions: 4.1.0.0
x2goserver-fmbindings: 4.1.0.0
x2goserver-printing: 4.1.0.0
x2goserver-x2goagent: 3.5.99.14
x2goserver-xsession: 4.1.0.0

We have another system running x2go server, but have yet to update it due to the problems we've experienced.  Here is the output of the previous version we are running without the issues:

x2goversion
x2goagent: 3.5.0.33
x2goserver: 4.0.1.22
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.22
x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.22

On the client side, I upgraded to the 4.1.1.1 from 4.1.0.0 and experienced some issues. I have to click on the outside/top-right edge of the session panel for the login session window to appear. Any thing closer to the middle, and it won't respond. I also get a pop-up message about the sound that I had not experienced with previous versions. Once logged into a session, the flickering resulting from moving/maximizing the window is much worse.

Fortunately, I was able to revert back to x2go-client 4.1.0.0.

However,is there a way to revert back to this previous version/configuration of x2goserver. Right now, it is has been a lot of flickering while to trying to do routine tasks with the current release.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

H.