[X2Go-User] Upgrades

Robert Dinse nanook at eskimo.com
Sat Mar 3 06:32:53 CET 2018

      If I just leave a session up, after an hour or two it will crash and burn
even if I am not doing anything.  I saw segfaults on mate-panel so I thought
perhaps an issue with Mate and not X2go, so I started a session in LXDE, it
exploded the same way.  If I just remove rather than purge the software, it
does not fix, so yes, probably related to database.  When it explodes and I
try to reconnect to the session which shows up in the window after I login,
then it wedges.  If instead I terminate this session and start a new one, it
does not wedge.  Rebooting the server does not fix, nor the client, so
processes left running can't be the issue.  I have ssh sessions with xterms
going into machines at the same location over the same network connections and
they stay up no problem, so it's not a network issue.  For reasons I don't
understand it seems to affect some servers more than others.  I have about an
even split of Redhat baed servers, Centos6/7, Scientific Linux 6/7, Fedora,
and Debian based, Debian, Mint, Ubuntu, and Zorin.  So far this has only
occurred on the Debian based servers.  It has happened on Mint, Ubuntu, and
Zorin thus far.

    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.