[X2Go-User] Upgrades

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sat Mar 3 06:16:47 CET 2018

* On 03/03/2018 04:45 AM, Robert Dinse wrote:

>       I have now had three different machines, a ubuntu server, a mint server,
> and a zorin server with the most recent builds installed display very strange
> behavior.
>
>       Initially they work, I connect, and at some point during the session,
> it disconnects, tells me to check my network.
>
>       I go to reconnect and in the main window it says:
>
> Loop: PANIC! Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'.
> Error: Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'.
> Loop: PANIC! Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.
> Error: Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.
> Session: Terminating session at 'Fri Mar 2 19:06:40 2018'.
> Session: Session terminated at  'Fri Mar 2 19:06:40 2018'.
>
>       I also get a POP UP that says:
>
> The remote proxy closed teh connection while negotiating the session. This may
> be due to the wrong authentication credentials passed to the server.
>
>       Once it enters this state I can not connect to the server again.
> Rebooting both client and server does not fix the problem (and this wipes out
> everything in  /tmp and /var/tmp as I have both in tmpfs file systems).
>
>       The only thing I've found that fixes it is completely purging the server
> x2go software and re-installing it.

Reinstalling shouldn't change any state, other than maybe reinitializing the
database.

When this happens, are there still x2goagent or nxagent processes around? Do
x2glistsessions_root, x2gogetports, x2gogetdisplays report sane values?

Maybe x2goagent is crashing or otherwise misbehaving.

Is there any known trigger for this?

Mihai