[X2Go-User] Windows x2go client displays at incorrect resolution

Davis, Jean-Paul jpdavis at sandia.gov
Sun Feb 18 23:28:57 CET 2018

I _finally_ found the solution to this problem, simply by searching online for VcXsrv and hi-dpi.  It turns out to be a Windows 10 compatibility issue.  All I had to do was edit the properties of the VcXsrv.exe executable file, by checking the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior" on the Compatibility tab.  Then x2go produced a display at full resolution of the client's physical display (2560x1440).  Setting the DPI to 192 in my x2go session preferences causes scaling of 2 for the UI.  Now if I could only specify a fractional scaling between 1 and 2... (it looks like this will be possible in just-released MATE 1.20, but who knows when that will be available in RHEL 7).