[X2Go-User] X2Go client compatibility with Debian 9 Buster

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Thu Dec 27 00:35:07 CET 2018

Am 27.12.18 um 00:20 schrieb Colin E:

> These existing sessions use a stored id_dsa key file (that has not
> changed).
>
> If i try to set up a new session, using the same id_dsa key, I get the
> same error when I try to use it.
>
> This does look like an SSH error, but i'm not clear where I should be
> looking for the error.

Since you mention PuTTY, is the keyfile in PuTTY format (*.ppk)?
Those will not work with X2GoClient directly.  You will either have to
export the key to OpenSSH format, or run pageant.exe from the PuTTY
suite, load the *.ppk keyfile there, and tell X2GoClient in the session
preferences "Try auto login ...", BUT, leave the path/file name field
for the key file EMPTY (as pageant will be handling the key).

If you are using an OpenSSH formatted keyfile, my guess would be that
it's a permission issue.  In that case, please install the debug version
of X2GoClient for Windows, and run it with --debug and redirect all
output (STOUT *and* STDERR) to a logfile, so we can take a closer look
at what's going on.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur