[X2Go-User] x2godesktopsharing applet starts twice in KDE Plasma

Víctor J. Sánchez vjosesan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:09:38 CET 2018

Hi all,

I recently installed x2godesktopsharing via X2Go repositories for
Debian. The installation asked me about activate the auto-start feature
(I said yes) and enable shared desktop (I said no). When I reboot the
machine in KDE Plasma desktop I see two x2godesktopsharing applets in
system tray and the next error message is displayed (translated into
english):

/The application X2Go DesktopSharing is already active for this screen/

/if it doesn't run remove /tmp/x2godesktopsharing.lock_USER@:0 and start
it up again/

I don't know about x2godesktopsharing is started because I can't find
anything in the documentation about it. I only see the file
/etc/xdg/autostart/x2godesktopsharing.desktop but I don't see any system
service (systemctl) nor KDE Plasma desktop's startup service or script.

How could I resolve this issue?

Some data about my system:

- Debian testing (amd64), kernel 4.18.0-3-amd64

- KDE Plasma 5.14.3

- x2godesktopsharing 3.2.0.0

Thanks in advance.